Dear Friends of the Wisconsin Breast Cancer Coalition,
We are excited to share our plans for this year. WBCC’s Board of Directors moved boldly in the past year to expand our reach, our programming, our staffing and our influence. We are poised to bring the WBCC to a higher level of activity across the state, but we need your help to do this.
How we’ve increased our efforts:
- We hired a Capitol Advocate to lead our state advocacy activity in Madison, ensuring that breast cancer policy issues remain in front of legislators, and demonstrating that we are the PREMIER BREAST CANCER POLICY ORGANIZATION in the state.
- The demand for our EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH programming is increasing. We will be in Summit, Oshkosh, and Green Bay over the next three months, raising our profile statewide.
- We are working with a GROWING NUMBER OF COLLABORATIVE PARTNERS and have contributed actively to programs that are making a difference. This year, we are addressing racial disparities in health care as a member of the Breast Cancer Task Force’s Coalitions in Action team. We are helping to launch Sister Pact, a campaign to increase actions to reduce breast cancer in specific African-American neighborhoods in Milwaukee.
- We continue to bring cutting-edge research to the state, most recently with a SPEAKER FORUM ON OBESITY AND BREAST CANCER in October, featuring three distinguished researchers from University of Wisconsin – Madison and Harvard University.
WBCC’s new, ambitious Strategic Plan adopted this fall lays out a game plan for growth and success, improving our ability to “have the backs” of people with breast cancer.
But this level of engagement takes resources and support.
We need your donation today to continue our work.
When you donate to the WBCC, where does your money go?
Here are key programs in need of support and their projected costs.
- Educational outreach programs: $500-$2500/event
Our outreach teams bring programs such as “Breast Cancer and the Environment” and “Your Daughter and Breast Cancer” to area organizations, clubs, and schools. WBCC recruits respected researchers from around the country to our Speaker Forums to talk about environmental factors affecting breast cancer risk. We find policy and advocacy experts to teach our volunteers how to speak up about what is needed. We are able to offer these events free to the public because of your donations.
- Updating and translating of our clinical trials booklet: $5000
The WBCC developed and distributes an award-winning booklet: “You’ve just been diagnosed with breast cancer: Should you consider a clinical trial?” In its second printing, this booklet is provided free to area health care centers. We need to update, translate, print and continue distributing this important tool.
- Volunteer Scholarship Fund: $3000
The WBCC engages in breast cancer policy work on the national level. Your donations provide scholarships for WBCC volunteers to attend national breast cancer research, education and policy summits.
- General Operating Support: All gifts of any size are deeply appreciated
Like most non-profit organizations, we work hard to fulfill our mission on a very tight budget. We are proud of our strong programming and our ambitious agenda, but we also need funding to keep the lights on, put gas in the car, and to pay our small staff. One of the most important ways to help us do our good work is to invest in us with unrestricted gifts. With your support, we can do so much more.
With gratitude for your support,
Sandra F. Gines
PLEASE GIVE TODAY
- Donate online
- Call our office to donate securely over the phone: 414-963-2103